June 5, 2023 Sabrina Hamm


If your kids or perhaps yourself need a hero or inspiration to accomplish something or motivation to start or complete a project then read on.

I found Ms. Hamm while working on my doctoral degree. I was and am so impressed by what one individual can accomplish. She's been my Public Hero ever since. I love what she stands for!!

~

Sabrina Hamm - Director of State Policy and Advocacy at FreeFrom

About: 

I hold a Master of Public Policy degree from the Goldman School of Public Policy at UC Berkeley. I am most interested in addressing issues of poverty and economic inequality through policy and systems change work. I am passionate about economic and racial justice.

As an undergrad at UC Berkeley, I worked on addressing inequalities in the education system through empowering under-served high school students to pursue higher education. I participated in numerous high school and community college outreaches.

I was in the 18th class of Emerson National Hunger Fellow. My field site placement was at the Sacramento Housing Alliance where I developed and piloted a Homeless Nutrition Education Toolkit. My policy placement was at the Food Research and Action Center. I assisted the efforts of the Child Nutrition team by providing policy analysis and survey assistance to assess access to school meals for low-income and Limited English Proficient students.

Soon after the fellowship, I worked as an Educational Aide in a preschool classroom in DC Public Schools. I assisted the lead teacher in instructional activities and promoted a positive learning environment. When I relocated to San Diego I became an Activity Leader with Harmonium.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 28, 2023 Sarah Rector

Feb. 26 California African American Museum

March 20, 2023 Black Cyclists